The first update Android Oreo 8.0 for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 has rolled out. Recently the Google has released the Official Android 8.0 Oreo update for Pixel and Nexus device. But thanks for XDA Senior Member vasishath, that are released the initial build Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 devices. The ROM has stable for use as daily drivers, and we expected the minor’s bugs in this ROM. Cause this the initial stage, but don’t worry it will be fixed with a time. And you will be got the new experience with Oreo 8.0 latest ROM.
For installing Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4, your device must be Rooted and install TWRP recovery. The ROM has not officially released and it may contain some bugs that will be fixed with a time. The Android Oreo will bring all the latest features and apps on your device. So if you are the user of Mi 3 or Mi 4 and want to upgrade our device. Then follow below step by step guide and install Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 smartphones. First, read initial steps and then get towards the main updating guide.
- The updating guide only for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. Don’t gain the process for any other variants. Cause it may brick or damage your device.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t miss anything, if something goes wrong we will not be responsible. Proceed at their own risk.
- The AOSP Android Oreo 8.0 has the initial build and it may contain some bugs.
- To installing new ROM on your device, it may erase your important data. So we advise you first Back up your important data and then proceed the process.
- First, unlock the bootloader on your device and then gain the updating guide.
- Enable USB debugging on your device, simply go to setting> about phone> MIUI Version and tap on it 7 or 10 times. Then you will notify “you are developer”
- Then go back to setting> developer option and enable USB debugging.
- Properly charge your device before starting the process. At least 60% and then proceed.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4.
- Download Android 8.0 Gapps For Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4.
- Download Magisk for Mi3/Mi4.
How to Install Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
Step 1: First of all, download the Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM, Google Apps and Magisk from the above link and save it on your device.
Step 2: After that, turn OFF your Redmi Note 4 and boot into Recovery Mode. For to do so press and hold the Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 3: Now take a Nandroid Backup. And then wipe your device, in recovery menu go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and proceed the process.
Step 4: Now go back to the main recovery menu and select the install option. And then find and select the Custom ROM zip file. And proceed the process for installing on your device.
Step 5: Once the installation process complete then go back to the Recovery main menu. And perform the same method for Google Apps zip file and Magisk (SuperSu) file and install it.
Step 6: And once the installation process completes all of it. Then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you have successfully installed Android Oreo 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 smartphone. Keep enjoy your smartphone with the latest firmware and new features.