Google Nexus 9 has the great flash ship from HTC manufacturer, it has all capabilities and better performance that are a lot number of users likes. Google Nexus 9 running on latest Android Nougat firmware, but also it has now release LineageOS custom ROM. That are more features pack and increasable Custom ROM with extra addable new and more usable features. That’s features has not in stock firmware, and it will easy to installing on Google Nexus 9 device. Today we share how to install LineageOS with Google Nexus 9 phone.
LineageOS has developed by third party developers, which based on CM14.1. LineageOS has all the latest improvements and touchable new apps that aren’t founded in the stock firmware. We share the updating guide for advanced users that are interested in new custom ROM and new invention. So follow up below updating guide and get it the new experience in with new firmware. Firstly, read initial important info and then jump to main updating guide.
- Below updating firmware only for Google Nexus 9 variants. So don’t try this firmware for any other variants.
- Follow the step by step guide correctly and don’t miss any step. If something goes wrong we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your smartphone before the process, at least 60% first of process.
- Fully back up your data, it erases entire data after proceeding this process. So first of process take a complete backup and then gain the process.
- Your smartphone must be Rooted and TWRP Recovery be will installed.
- Enable USD debugging go to Settings>About Phone/Tablet and click on the Build number several times until you will notify by a message you are now a developer.
- And then go back to the Settings> Developer options. Click on the Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download LineageOS 14.1 for Google Nexus 9. LineageOS 14.1
- Download Gapps for LineageOS 14.1 ROM. Gapps
How to Install LineageOS with Google Nexus 9
Step 1: First of all, download the LineageOS ROM from the above link and save it on your device.
Step 2: After that, turn OFF your Nexus 9 and boot into Recovery Mode. To do so press and hold the Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 3: Now take a Nandroid Backup. And then wipe your device, in recovery menu go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and proceed the process.
Step 4: Now go back to the main recovery menu and select the install option. And then find and select the ROM zip file, and gain the process to installing the ROM on your device.
Step 5: Once the installation process complete then go back to the Recovery main menu and perform the same method for Gapps zip file and install it.
Step 6: And once the installation process completes both of it, then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you successfully install LineageOS with Google Nexus 9 Nougat Custom ROM, keep enjoy your smartphone with the latest firmware and new features.