Lineage OS is open source Custom ROMs providers. That is releasing a lot number of Custom firmware for different variants. Lineage OS is developed by CyanogenMod team, that are adding new features along with latest apps and new improvements. And recently Lineage OS has developed latest Android Nougat firmware for Samsung Galaxy C5 phone. This firmware has latest features and new customization and optimisation. That is not coming with stock firmware. Thus we share today a complete guide, how to update Galaxy C5 to Android Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM. So if you are the user of Galaxy C5 and want to some new improvements and latest apps on our device. Then follow below and get the new experience with the latest firmware.
Also, we know the lineage OS has not developed by official OS like Google or any other OS. However, this is the third party developer developed with minor add up new features along with latest apps. After installing Lineage OS in our device, then you will lose your smartphone warranty. So get up firstly initial important info and then follow below the main updating guide.
- The updating firmware only for Galaxy C5 variants. So don’t try this firmware for any other variants.
- Follow step by step guide correctly and don’t miss any step, if something goes wrong we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your smartphone before the process, at least 60% first of process.
- Fully back up your data, it will erase entire data after proceeding this process. So first of process take a complete backup and then gain the process.
- Your smartphone must be Rooted and TWRP Recovery will be installed.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Download Lineage OS for Samsung Galaxy C5 from given link. LineageOS 14.1
- Download Gapps for Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. GApps
How to Update Galaxy C5 to Android Nougat with Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM
Step 1: First, download the LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy C5 and Gapps from the above link.
Step 2: After downloading save the LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps on your device.
Step 3: And then Boot your device into Recovery mode. For to do press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power button at the same time for a while. Once the logo screen appears released the button, and use the Volume UP and Down key for navigating and Power key for confirming an option.
Step 4: Now get Nandroid Backup and then perform a Factory Reset, simply go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select “wipe cache”, “Dalvik cache”, “System” and “data” and swipe to confirm it to perform the process.
Step 5: After that, go to the main menu and select install option and navigate from internal storage the ROM zip file. And swipe to install the ROM file on your device.
Step 6: Once complete the process, then go back and flash the Gapps zip file as the same method.
Step 7: Now wipe cache, Dalvik cache and then Reboot your phone.
That’s it! This is the simple and easy method to update Galaxy C5 to Android Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1. Share your feedback about this article.
If you have any question comment below, we try to contact you ASA possible.