Good news for those users that use Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-19505 smartphone, nowadays the XDA recognize developer ‘chainfire’ create the CF-Autoroot tool, in this tool we root the android smartphone easily with some simple steps, thanks for XDA developer to create this tool.
Today we share the tutorial step by step to Root your Android lollipop 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOB7 official firmware using by CF-Autoroot, Rooting is essential to remove the OEM restriction on your Android smartphone and also install the third party applications, Custom ROMs and increase your smartphone battery life, easy to access and better its performance.
Note: the below tutorial for those users, who have already updated the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505 the latest lollipop official firmware(I9505XXUHOB7) through by the OTA or manual installation.
So if you want to root Samsung galaxy S4 LTE GT-19505, then follow the full tutorial step by step using the CF-Auto-Root with ODIN flash tool.
- First of all your smartphone battery life is more than 70% before start rooting.
- Back up your important data on safe location before proceeding.
- Download the suitable USB driver and install on your computer from here.
- Enable developer option, go to setting>about phone>software information> build number and click on the 5 or 8 time then you will be notified by a message “you are developer”
If you are already developer then skip this step.
- After that enable USB debugging option, go to setting>developer option and enable USB debugging
- Download the CF-Autoroot and unzip the file and put on your desktop for easy access.
*Note the CF-Autoroot file for only Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-19505, don’t try this file for another variant, it may damage your device
- Download the Odin tool from here.
- Make sure your smartphone is factory unlock,(not locked to any specific carrier).
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-19505 on Android 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOB7 Lollipop official firmware
Step1: Extract the CF-Autoroot and Odin file via WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip.
Step 2: Turn off your Galaxy S4 LTE and boot to download mode, press and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power button at the same time.
Step 3: Now click volume up button to continue to download mode.
Step 4: Open the Odin on your computer as the administrator.
Step 5: connect your smartphone on your computer via USB cable, once your smartphone connect to your PC then “Added” message will appear on the Odin screen and the ID:COM box will turn blue.
Step 6: Click on the “AP” button in the Odin screen and select the CF-Auto-Root -jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 file.
Step 7: Make sure the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time option is selected and the Re-Partition must be unchecked on the Odin screen.
Step 8: And then click on the “Start” button in the Odin screen, then the installation process will proceed quickly.
Step 9: Once the installation is completed then your smartphone will be reboot and PASS message will be shown on the Odin screen.
That’s it, your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE is rooted on the official Android 5.0.1 lollipop firmware successfully.
Disclaimer: the above guideline for Galaxy S4, if anything goes wrong Smarts Guide cannot be held responsible, the user should proceed at their own risk, and complete understanding.
if any issue come to face do comments.