Here we guide today to install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 model. If you are the owner of Galaxy Tab S, then follow the guideline and install the latest Marshmallow firmware on your Tab. This guideline is compatible for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 (WiFi). So don’t try the below-updating files for another device.
For Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 device is release the OTA update in some Europe country. And it will be released the OTA update for all over regions, but it will take some time. If you can’t wait for it and want to update your Galaxy Tab S to Android Marshmallow firmware manually. Then follow the full guideline. Read carefully the initial steps it’s important for your experience.
- This guideline only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700, don’t try for another or same device.
- Backup your device data and save on the safe location before gaining the process.
- Charge you Galaxy Tab S at least 60% before starting the process.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers and install on your computer. Download here
- Download the Odin 3.10.7 file and unzip the file. Download here
- Follow up the full guideline and don’t leave any step in the article. And don’t blame smarts guide if something goes wrong, proceed at their own risk.
- Download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 model.
- Canada:zip | Mirror link
- Switzerland:zip | Mirror link | Mirror 2
- USA (Cellular South):zip | Mirror link
- Korea:zip | Mirror
Note: In the above link we share to download the firmware file, that’s firmware specific for these countries. But if you have Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700, then you will install it on your Tab, if you are anywhere but check your Tab model numbers.
Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700
Step 1: Download the Android firmware and extract the file, then you will get the .tar.md5 extension
Step 2: Now boot your Galaxy Tab S into Download Mode, simply turn OFF your device and then press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button at the same time for a while. And then press the Volume Up button to enter the download mode.
Step 3: Launch the Odin app and connect your Galaxy Tab S to your computer via USB data cord. Once your device connects to your computer then you will see Added in the Odin log box.
Step 4: And then click on the AP button in the Odin, find and select the .tar.md5extension firmware file.
Step 5: Press the Start button to flash the Android firmware on your Galaxy Tab S. And wait for it, until the flashing process completes.
Step 6: Once the installation process complete, then you will see the PASS alert on the Odin and your device will be Reboot automatically.
Done! Good job you have install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S. Now enjoy your device with the latest firmware and new features.
Get comments in the comments box, if you have any issue or want to ask more about the tutorial.