Most familiar company Motorola has released legendary smartphone Moto Z Play, with all new and latest features are involved in OS. That has announced August 2016 and after showing released in September 2016 none of any spotless of features. Moto Z Play is Also known as Motorola Moto Z Play Droid in the USA. Many folk like its performance with good stability of ROM and any runs of apps. Moto Z Play has released with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 and less time Motorola upgrades to Android Nougat 7.1.1. But not stop Moto journey with this spot, also planning for Android Oreo 8.0 and as soon came out for all over regions. But for now, XDA recognized developer TeamMex and Alberto97 released initial build of AOSP 8.0 for Moto Z Play. That’s are better performance and stable with daily uses. In below instruction, we share Install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto Z Play with easy and simple form.
The new update has come out recently, but the ROM has the initial build that’s mean it contains some bugs that’s should be fixed with time. Android Oreo 8.0 installing on Moto Z play has not the official method, thus before proceeding the process keep in mind. Your device should be rooted and custom recovery also installed. Follow the step by step guide below and install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto Z Play. Read carefully all steps in important form and then gain the updating process.
- All the instruction only for Moto Z Play, don’t try the updating file for any other variants.
- Correctly follow step by step guide and don’t miss any step during the process. Otherwise, we are not liable for any loss or damage on your device. Proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your device battery before the process, if your device turns off during the process. It may damage or brick your device.
- Backup your important data and save to correct place first of the process.
- Enable USB debugging from Setting> Developer option>and enable USB debugging. If your device developer option is not enabled. Then go to Setting> About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times then your device developer option enabled.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto Z Play.
- Download AOSP 8.0 ROM for Moto Z Play.
- Download Magisk file for Moto Z Play
- Download ARM32 unofficial Android Oreo/LineageOS 15 micro Open GApps.
- Download ARM64 unofficial Android Oreo/LineageOS 15 micro Open GApps.
How to Install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto Z Play
Step 1: First of all, download the Lineage OS 15 ROM OR AOSP 8.0 ROM, Megisk & Google Apps from the above link and save it on your device.
Step 2: After that, turn OFF your Moto Z Play and boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Now take a Nandroid Backup. And then wipe your device, in recovery menu go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and proceed the process.
Step 4: After that go back to the main recovery menu and select the install option. And then find and select the Custom ROM zip file. And proceed the process for installing on your device.
Step 5: Once the installation process complete then go back to the Recovery main menu. And perform the same method for Google Apps zip file and Magisk file and proceed the installation process.
Step 6: And once the installation process completes all of it. Then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now you have successfully install Android Oreo 8.0 on Moto Z Play smartphone. Keep enjoy your smartphone with the latest firmware and new features.