Also, we know the rooting process is most important for any device, if we want to get your smartphone performance well and changing some internal tools, just like custom ROM then we will require the rooting process on our smartphone. Today we share about to root OnePlus X if you are the owner of OnePlus X then follow the full article and root your smartphone in a few steps.
Once you root your device, then you will able to install the third party apps, your OnePlus X performance is pretty good, you will remove the bloatware and your smartphone battery life is increased. And you will be able to install the custom ROM on your device, follow up the full guideline and don’t miss any step in the process.
In the below tutorial we share to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root OnePlus X. Follow the whole article and get your smartphone advance usage. But before follow some important tools and then proceed.
Also read the related article, Update OnePlus X to OxygenOS 2.2.0-X OTA
- This guide is compatible only with OnePlus X smartphone, don’t follow the given article for another device.
- Backup your all data and save to the safe location before proceeding the process.
- Charge your smartphone battery at least 70% to perform this operation.
- Download the suitable USB drivers and install on your computer. Download here
- Enable USB debugging, go to Setting> About Phone> build number and tap on 7 times and then go back to Setting> Developer Option> USB Debugging and enable it.
How to unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery & Root OnePlus X
Unlocking Bootloader of OnePlus X
- First, connect your device to your computer. And launch the ADB USB driver & Click on the Install.
- Then extract the Minimal ADB Fastboot files & open command.bat file. And type the below command:
After that, it should return a code with the unauthorized keyword. Then press OK for the message on your phone:
- And then reboot into fastboot mode, type the given command:
adb reboot bootloader
- After that to unlock Bootloader, type the command.
fastboot oem unlock
The device will unlock the bootloader, erase all user data and reboot itself into Android. You will have to set up everything from scratch.
5. Your device will unlock the bootloader, and erase all user data and reboot itself. And then type below command:
fastboot oem device-info
After that it will return, bootloader unlocked: true.
- Once you unlock bootloader then you will be required again Re-enable Developer options by going to Settings > About phone and tapping on “Build number” 7 times. And then Go to Settings > Developer options. Check “Android debugging” and re-authorize your computer’s RSA fingerprint.
Installing TWRP Recovery in OnePlus X
- First, download the TWRP recovery file from the above link, and then again get into fastboot mode. And place it in the minimal ADB files extracted folder.
- And after that type the below command:
fastboot flash recovery <filename.img>
fastboot boot <recovery.img>
Once you Unlock bootloader on OnePlus X and installed the TWRP Recovery successfully then gain the process to rooting tutorial.
How to Root OnePlus X
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC and then transfer the SuperSU.zip file that you download in the above steps.
- And then turn OFF your device. And boot to recovery mode.
- Once you enter to recovery mode then clear cache & Dalvik cache (Optional)
- After that go to install option in the recovery main menu. And find the SuperSu zip file and load it and gain the process for installation.
- And in the last Turn ON your device & Update SuperSU binary & update the app (if asked)
That’s it! Great job you did it, now enjoy your smartphone with the rooted package. Keep enjoy the rooted device benefit.
source via Dev-lab
If you want to ask anything else then leave the comments we will try to contact you ASA possible.