Recently the official Lineage OS 14.1 is released for Galaxy J7 (SM-J700P). Now you can easily download and flash this latest OS on your phone. Today we share to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7. This firmware is unofficial but stable on Galaxy J7 smartphone. Lineage OS 14.1 is developed by CyanogenMod and it has added all the latest features new apps. And smoothly runs on Galaxy J7. If you are interested to update your device to the latest firmware. Then follow below article and install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7.
To proceed this process on your smartphone. You will require to install TWRP Recovery and your device must rooted. The Lineage OS 14.1 is initial nougat build for Galaxy J7. It has to miss some features but that’s will added with time. However, your device will taste latest Android Nougat 7.0 ROM and you will get some new experience on flashing process. After installing this firmware you will add some new features that you won’t see on stock firmware. So follow up below steps and install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7 device.
- Below updating firmware only for Galaxy J7 (SM-J700P) variants. so don’t try this firmware for any other variants.
- This ROM is initial Nougat alpha build and expect some bugs.
- Follow the step by step guide correctly and don’t miss any step. If something goes wrong we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Properly charge your smartphone before the process, at least 60% first of process.
- Fully back up your data, it erases entire data after proceeding this process. So first of process take a complete backup and then gain the process.
- Your smartphone must Rooted and TWRP Recovery will installed.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700P. LineageOS 14.1
- Download Gapps for Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. Gapps
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7
Step 1: First, download the LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy J7 and Gapps from the above link.
Step 2: After downloading save the LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps on your device root folder.
Step 3: And then Boot your device into Recovery mode. For to do press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power button at the same time for a while. Once the logo screen appears released the button, and use the Volume UP and Down key for navigating and Power key for confirming an option.
Step 4: Now get Nandroid Backup and then perform a Factory Reset, simply go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select “wipe cache”, “Dalvik cache”, “System” and “data” and swipe to confirm it to perform the process.
Step 5: After that, go to the main menu and select install option and locate the ROM zip file. Swipe to install the ROM file on your device.
Step 6: Once complete the process, then go back and flash the Gapps zip file as the same method.
Step 7: Now wipe cache, Dalvik cache and then Reboot your phone.
That’s it! This is the simple and easy method to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J7. Share your feedback about this article.
If you have any question comment below, we will try to contact you ASA possible.