Huawei releasing the great smartphones to the market and improving every new smartphone from the last one. Nowadays Huawei released the best smartphone, Huawei P10 & P10+. It has good specs, better performance and better result in every angle of usage. It has latest OS EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. But if you want to more improve or want to some changes on it, then you will be required to root your smartphone.
So if you want to root Huawei P10/P10+ then first you will be required to unlock bootloader and install TWRP. after that you will proceed the process, so get the below step for install TWRP on Huawei P10/P10+.
Disclaimer: The given process for the experienced developer, if anything goes wrong we will not be liable. Keep proceeding at their own risk. Keep in mind the steps for install TWRP on Huawei P10/P10+ device don’t try for any other device.
- Charge your smartphone over 60% before starting the process
- Backup your important data on your device to a safe place as unlocking the bootloader will format your entire device.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- After that Download the Minimal ADB and Fasboot Setup and install it on your computer.
- Install Huawei USB drivers on your PC. here
- Unlock the bootloader on Huawei P10/P10 Plus
- Download the TWRP Image twrp-3.1.0-0-vtr.img
How to Install TWRP on Huawei P10/P10+
Step 1: First of all, you will ensure that you have enabled the USB debugging & OEM unlocking options from the developer options on your device.
Step 2: Connect your device to PC via a suitable USB data cable.
Step 3: Then reboot your device to bootloader mode using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 4: Once you’re in fastboot mode then you will be required to check your device is properly connected to your PC or not. For that, use the below command to check the connection:
- If your device is connected to your PC then you should see a serial number in the command prompt.
Step 5: Now download the TWRP image zip file from the above link and rename the downloaded zip file to recovery.img.
Step 6: Now navigate the recovery file from the located area. And type the below command to flash the TWRP recovery on your P10/P10+.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 7: Once TWRP recovery process is completed, then reboot the device using the below command.
That’s it now you have successfully installed the TWRP on Huawei P10/P10+ keep enjoy your device and now ready your Huawei P10/P10+ for rooting process.
If you have any doubt then leave the comments we will try to solve your problem ASA possible.