Moto X Play now easily install TWRP recovery, the third party developer has got the solution to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play. Earlier we share How to unlock the bootloader on Moto X Play. And now you can easily install the TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play. Custom recovery is the second step for getting towards the unofficial procedure applying on our device. After installing a custom recovery on your device, then your device will able to root process. That has completely removed the internal restriction on your device. And then will able to install Custom ROMs like LineageOS, CyanogenMod or any other third party developers provide custom ROMs on your device.
Also, we know to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play has not the official method from Google or Motorola OS. This is the third party developer procedure that has the unofficial way. Once you have to install TWRP Recovery on your device, then your smartphone warranty will be voided. But don’t worry you will get a lot of useful effort, that can change your smartphone to advanced features and latest apps. So first, read the initial steps and then get towards the main guide to install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play.
- Below guideline only for Moto X Play.So don’t try this tutorial for any other variant.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t mess up any part of this guideline, otherwise, we will not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Properly charge your device, at least 60% before gaining the process.
- Backup your important data and save to a safe place, for safe side.
- Your device must Unlock bootloader before proceeding the process.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fasboot Setup and install it on your PC.
- Download TWRP Recovery package for Moto X Play device.
- TWRP Recovery package
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play
Step 1: First, download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your PC.
Step 2: Now save the custom recovery image file inside the Android SDK folder. And also, rename the package into “recovery.img”.
Step 3: Then go to the installation directory and open ADB folder and open command window, simply press and hold “ Shift” key and right click on empty space in that folder. And open up the command window.
Step 4: After that connect your smartphone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Once you enter into fastboot mode then check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number, If not return your device serial number. Then reinstall the driver and try again.
Step 6: Now type the below command in command prompt window and then press Enter. Then flashing recovery will start on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 7: Once the flashing process complete then reboot your smartphone by typing below command.
That’s it! Now you have successfully install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play. Your device ready to rooting process. If you want to ask a question, leave comments.