The great flagship in the OnePlus series is OnePlus 3 smartphone, it has all the latest features, advanced specs and better performance. The OnePlus 3 is the low range price device that has all the latest and advance features and Optic AMOLED display with Coring Gorilla Glass 4. It has Snapdragon 820 Chipset, 16MP back camera with LED flashlight, 8MP front camera and 3000mAh non–removable battery. So in short word it has all the latest specs and good performance, but if you want to more increase his performance and want to upgrade OS with custom ROM then it will require rooting your smartphone. Today we share to root OnePlus 3 and install TWRP Recovery, follow and root your device if you’re using OnePlus 3 smartphone.
The rooting process is important for any device, after rooting smartphone with having great changes, just like the device will able to install the third party apps, removing bloatware, device performance is increase and install custom ROM easily. And the main good effort is the battery life is increased after rooting your device. So if you want to root your smartphone then follow the full article and root your smartphone with a few steps. But before rooting your device you have required to unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery and then gain the rooting process. Follow up the guideline but before read some important steps and then proceed.
- This guide is compatible only with OnePlus 3 variants, don’t follow this update file for others devices.
- Unlock bootloader on your device before performing the rooting process.
- Backup your important data and save to the safe destination before performing this operation.
- Properly charge your device before starting the process.
- Enable USB debugging and developer option, under in setting. For developer option goes to Setting> About Phone> Build Number and tap on the build number 7 times, then the developer option will be enabled. And for USB debugging go to Setting> Developer Option and enable the USB to debug option.
- Download the USB driver and install on your computer. Download here ADB USB Drivers
- Download the TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3 smartphone. Download here Download
- Download the SuperSu zip file for root OnePlus 3 device. Download here Download
- Download and setup the ADB and fastboot on your computer. Download here Minimal ADB & Fastboot Files
Note:- Make sure you are the advance user and you will know everything properly, share about this article. Otherwise, we will not be responsible if something goes wrong, keep proceed at their own risk.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
- First, copy the downloaded TWRP image file from the above link and transfer the file to ADB fastboot folder. (if the TWRP image file name different one then renames the file to twrp.img)
- Now launch the adb.exe command window and type the below command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Once the process complete then you have successfully installed the TWRP recovery in your OnePlus 3 device.
Root OnePlus 3 without PC
- Now transfer the downloaded SuperSu.zip file to your device internal storage.
- And then turn OFF your smartphone and boot into Recovery mode. For to do so press and hold the Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
- After that tap on the install option in the TWRP main menu, and find the SuperSu.zip file from the file explorer.
- Now tap on the SuperSu file and wipe right to confirm the zip file. Wait for the installation process.
- After that, turn ON your OnePlus 3 and find the SuperSu app in the app drawer. If you find the app then you have successfully root OnePlus 3.
That’s it! Keep enjoy your device with root access.
If you want to ask more questions, leave the comments. We will try to contact you and solve your problem ASA possible.