If you have the Xperia Z, ZL and want to root and install the TWRP recovery, then you are the correct place. Here we guide you to root Xperia Z, ZL by the easy and simple tutorial. And guide you how to install the TWRP recovery on your Xperia Z, ZL. So follow the full tutorial and get the full instruction about your Xperia Z, ZL.
If you want to root Xperia Z, ZL, before the guideline make sure you have running your Xperia Z, ZL on 5.1.1 lollipop. Then we will guide you to root your smartphone & install the TWRP recovery.
Keep in mind some important notification before starting the tutorial. After rooting your smartphone warranty is voided and don’t use this guideline for another or same device, because it may be brick or damage your smartphone. And make sure to proceed this guideline your smartphone is running stock lollipop firmware. So be careful to proceed the tutorial.
- Before proceeding the tutorial make sure your battery percentage is more than 60%.
- For root Xperia Z, ZL is important, your running Android 5.1.1 lollipop firmware and install TWRP recovery.
- Backup your important data before to begin the steps, and save on the safe location.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Xperia smartphone.
- Install the ADB drivers. ADB drivers
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Xperia smartphone, just simply click on the menu>setting>developer option and then click on the USB Debugging
- Download the USB Drivers on your computer and install it. USB drivers Sony USB
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your Xperia Z smartphone. Download TWRP For Xperia Z
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your Xperia ZL smartphone. Download TWRP For Xperia ZL
- Download the SuperSU Root package. Download SuperSU Root Package
How To Root Sony Xperia Z, ZL Running On Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & The Install TWRP
- Now Download the correct SuperSU package and TWRP recovery for your Xperia Z or ZL for your computer and save on the desktop for easy access from the above link.
- After that connect your Xperia with your computer via the suitable USB data cord. And then Select “Always allow from this computer” and click on the OK button, once a pop-up message display.
- And then open that folder where you have saved it the TWRP recovery file, and then run the command prompt within the empty white area on that folder.
- Now turn OFF your smartphone in order to boot Xperia into Fastboot mode.
- After that turn ON your smartphone by pressing and holding the Volume Up button, and connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cord.
- Once you hold the Volume Up button. Then the Xperia Z, ZL should be in Flash Mode and its LED light will turn to blue.
- And then type and enter the following command to check, if the fast boot mode is working:
fast boot devices
Type this command to flash TWRP recovery:
fast boot flash boot boot.img
Now root Xperia Z, ZL by the following steps:
Step 1: Now turn OFF the Xperia to boot into recovery mode.
Step 2: And then turn ON your smartphone by press the Power + Volume Down buttons together.
Step 3: After that! Once you get a vibration alert, then leave the Power button and keep hold the Volume Down button.
Step 4: Once the Xperia smartphone come to the Recovery mode, then click on the Install button and navigate the SuperSU file.
Step 5: Now select the SuperSU file and proceed to install the root package.
Step 6: Once you install the root package then “Restart the Xperia Z, ZL” by clicking on the Reboot system option on your screen.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed the custom recovery and root package on your Xperia Z, ZL smartphone. Keep enjoy your Xperia Z, ZL with rooted benefit.
If you want to verify the root status on your smartphone then download and install the root checker. Root Checker.
Disclaimer: the above tutorial for custom recovery and root Xperia Z, ZL. If in the process anything, goes wrong. Smarts Guide cannot be held to responsible, keep proceed at their own risk and complete understanding.
If you want to ask any type of question about this tutorial, keep ask in the comment box we will try to solve your problem.