Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 is now available for all international Galaxy S5 Plus devices. It’s the great news for the users of Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, to upgrade our S5 smartphone to official Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. So if you are the owner of Galaxy S5 Plus, then follow the full guideline and install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Plus.
The OTA update is not received for all over Galaxy S5 Plus devices, so if you can’t wait for the OTA update and want to install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Plus manually. Then here we share the full article to guide you for the installation Marshmallow update on your device.
Follow before some important guide
- This article is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus G901F models. Don’t try this tutorial for another device.
- Backup your important data and save to the safe location.
- Charge your smartphone at least 60% before starting the process.
- Download the USB drivers and install on your computer. Download here
- Your device must be rooted and install the custom recovery on your smartphone.
- Factory resets the Galaxy S5 Plus after the update is done, the factory reset will remove the old custom ROM and allow to Android Marshmallow firmware to boot in normal mode.
- If you have running Stock firmware then you should straight forward to installation steps in the below and install the firmware on your device without any doubt.
- Read the full article and don’t miss any step in this tutorial, and we are not liable for any reason if you got some loss. Keep proceed at their own risk.
Download and Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Plus G901F
Step 1: download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 G901FXXU1CPE1 firmware zip. Download here
Step 2: And then extract the contents and stored in the downloaded file, you should obtain the G901FXXU1CPE1 tar.md5 updating file. And don’t extract the tar.md5 further more.
Step 3: Download the Odin 3.10.7 zip and unzip the file on your PC. Download here
Step 4: Now turn OFF your smartphone and boot your device into Download Mode.
Step 5: For that simply press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button at the same time for a while. And then press the Volume Up to enter into download mode.
Step 6: Now launch the Odin exe on your computer, and connect your Galaxy S5 Plus to your computer via USB data cable.
Step 7: In the Odin click on the AP button, find the G901FXXU1CPE1 tar.md5 updating file and load it into Odin.
Step 8: And then press the Start button for starting the installation process. Wait for the process until the flashing process is done.
Step 9: Once the installation process is done then you will see the Odin PASS alert and your smartphone will Reboot automatically.
Done! You have install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 Plus successfully, now enjoy your phone with latest features and new firmware.
Do comments if you want to ask more questions or if you stuck in any step in this tutorial.