Latest Official Android Nougat 7.1.1 has rolled out for Moto G4 Play smartphone. Now the users of Moto G4 Play can easily install on our device. The company has rolled out via OTA the Android Nougat 7.1.1 but with not all over regions. Thus some receive and some are pending to receive the OTA notification. So if you are the users of Moto G Play and want to update the latest firmware. Then it has two ways, one update via OTA that has released by the company. And the second one update Moto G4 play to Android Nougat via manual method. If you want to update via OTA then wait for it. And once you get the notification then follow on-screen instruction and update our device. And others way you want to update Moto G4 Play to Android Nougat via manual method. Then follow below step by step guide and update our device to latest firmware without any doubt.
The Android Nougat 7.1.1 update has around 1GB. So first connect your device via a suitable WiFi connection and then proceed the process. Android Nougat 7.1.1 update has advanced features with better performance. The update has all stable improvements that are increased your smartphone performance. So follow below and get update Moto G4 Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1 firmware. Firstly, read initial steps and then get towards the main updating guide.
- The below guideline only for Moto G4 Play. Don’t follow the given tutorial for any other variants.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t miss any step. Cause if you something messed up and the process goes wrong. Then we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Charge your Moto G Play at least 60% and then move up the process.
- Your smartphone must be run on stock firmware and stock recovery image file.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location, first of rooting steps.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number. And tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download and install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC. USB Drivers
- Download and setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Moto G4 Play.
- Nougat MPIS24.241-15.3-16 OTA
How to Update Moto G4 Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1
Step 1: First setup the minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC properly.
Step 2: Now download the NPN26.1-22 OTA zip from above link. And then copy the ROM file to a folder where adb installed.
Step 3: After that Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 4: Now choose in the recovery menu Apply update from ADB.
Step 5: And then connect your phone to Computer via suitable USB data cable.
Step 6: Once your device connects your computer properly. Then in the Marshmallow ROM folder press and hold the shift and then right click on the empty space. And click on open command here.
Step 7: Now type the below command to see your device is detected.
Step 8: Now flash the Android Nougat 7.1.1 OTA update by typing the following command.
adb sideload File Name.zip
Step 9: Wait for the flashing process, and once the process completes the remove USB data card and Reboot your device.
Step 1: Download Android Nougat OTA zip file for Moto G4 Play from the download section.
Step 2: And then copy the downloaded file and paste on your device internal storage (SD Card).
Step 3: Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do so simply press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
Step 4: Once your device boot into Recovery mode then select option apply update from sd card.
Step 5: Now select the OTA zip file that you downloaded in the download section above. And start the flashing process.
Step 6: Wait for updating process, and once the process complete. Then Reboot your device
That’s it! Now you have successfully update Moto G4 Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1 firmware. Don’t forget your feedback about above article and keep in touch for more useful updates.