Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi model has got the official Android Nougat 7.0, now the users of Galaxy Tab S2 easily update our device to Android Nougat 7.0. But this update has not released for all over the region, thus we share this article for those users that have not yet received the OTA notification on our Tab S2. So follow up the full guideline and update Galaxy Tab S2 to Android Nougat 7.0.
This update has a manual method to upgrade our device, so it will require Odin tool, proper installable USB drivers, Data cable, and Computer. Proceed the process if you are the advanced user and well known about flashing process.
Disclaimer: Follow up step by step guideline and don’t miss any step, cause during the process you will miss anything your device may be brick or damage. And we will not be liable for any responsibilities, proceed at their own risk.
- Below firmware only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi and model number is SM-T810, don’t try for any other device.
- Properly charge your device at least 60%, before starting the process.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location, for safety side.
- Enable USB debugging, for to do go toSettings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC, to connecting your device to the computer. USB Drivers
- Your device must be rooted, but stock firmware. And you have any custom Recovery installed, will be changed to Stock Recovery.
- After installing the new firmware you will need to Factory Reset your device. The factory reset will not erase any data from your internal storage.
- Download Android Nougat 7.0 update file from the given link. Download here
- Download ODIN zip file and unzip the file after downloading completes. ODIN App
How to update Galaxy Tab S2 to Android Nougat 7.0 (Wi-Fi 9.7 SM-T810)
Step 1: First, download the Android Nougat 7.0 update file from the above link. And extract the content, then you should get the Android 7.0 T810XXU2DQCL tar.md5. Don’t unzip this file.
Step 2: Now Turn OFF your Tablet properly using the Power button.
Step 3: And then boot your device into Download Mode. For to do press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button at the same time for until, when you see the download mode. Once you enter to download mode then you will see two option, now you press Volume Up button for selecting to continue.
Step 4: After that, open up the Odin tool and connect your device to PC via suitable USB data cable. Once your device connects to PC properly then Added message will be shown in the Odin window.
Step 5: Now click on the AP button in the ODIN screen, and navigate and load the T810XXU2DQCL tar.md5 file to Odin tool.
Step 6: Press Start button for proceeding the flashing process on your device. And wait for the installation process.
Step 7: Once the installation process complete, then you will see the PASS alert in the ODIN screen.
Step 8: After that, Reboot your Tab S2 and Remove data cable from your device.
Done! You got it, now you have successfully update Galaxy Tab S2 to Android Nougat 7.0 firmware. Join your device with a new look and new features.
Want to more help, leave the comment we will assist you to contact you ASA possible.