HTC One M8 has got CypherOS based on latest Android Nougat 7.1.1 Custom ROM. It has all the latest features, new apps, better performance and impressive improvements. CypherOS has stable on HTC One M8 and smoothly running in every kind of app. So this is the new and easy to use Custom ROM for HTC One M8. Follow below steps if you are the user of HTC One M8 and want to upgrade our device with new features, new apps and better performance. Today we share How to update HTC One M8 to CypherOS Nougat ROM 7.1.1.
Earlier we share for HTC One M9 Slim7 Custom ROM based on Android Nougat 7.1.1. And today we share update HTC One M8 to CypherOS Nougat ROM 7.1.1. This is the features pack version for HTC One M8. So if you are interested to update your device to the latest and new Custom ROM, then follow step by step guide and get it new experience on your device. Now get it below important requirements and after that proceed the main guideline to perform the updating process.
- The updating Custom ROM files only for HTC One M8, so we advise you don’t follow this article for any other variants. It may brick or damage your device.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t leave any step during the process, otherwise, we will not responsible. If you will get a loss or any other issue on your device.
- Take a complete backup of your device before gaining the process, and save to safe location.
- Properly charge you smartphone up to 60%, cause if your device turning off during the process then you will be lost your smartphone.
- Your device must Unlock Bootloader, and Install custom recovery before the process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your HTC One M9, simply go to Settings> Development Options > USB debugging. And enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install HTC USB drivers on your computer.USB Drivers
- Download Android Nougat 7.1.1 Custom ROM.CypherOS Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Download Gapps for HTC One M8.Gapps
How to Update HTC One M8 to CypherOS Nougat 7.1.1
Step 1: First download CypherOS ROM & Gapps from the above link and save to your computer.
Step 2: Now connect your device to PC through via USB data cable.
Step 3: Once your device connected properly to your computer, then copy the downloaded CypherOS ROM zip file and past on your device internal storage (SD Card/Phone Memory). And make sure you have added the file over the rooted folder on your device storage.
Step 4: Now Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step-5: And then Unplug the USB data cable and Turn off your HTC device.
Step-6: Now Boot your device in the Fastboot mode, simply press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for a while.
Step 7: Once you enter into Fastboot mode, then navigate to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with the press and hold the Shift key and Right-click on the empty place in that folder and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step-8: Now type the following command into the window and press enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step 9: Then type the following command and press enter.
Step 10: Follow the on-screen instructions and select Bootloader go to Recovery.
Step 11: Once enter in recovery menu, then perform wipe data process select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
Step 12: And then go back to the main menu and tap on the ‘Install’ button. And now navigate the CypherOS zip file from the internal storage that you download in the download section.
Step 13: Now Start the installation process, and wait for completing the process.
Step 14: Once the installation process complete, then perform again the installation process for Gapps.zip file.
Step 15: After completing the installation process then go back to the main recovery menu and Reboot your smartphone by pressing the Reboot System button.
Step 16: wait for the first boot, it takes some time so be patient and wait for booting up your device.
That’s it! This is the complete guide to update HTC One M8 to CypherOS Nougat 7.1.1 ROM. If you have any doubt, leave comments below.