After a long time, Moto X Play has got official Android Nougat firmware. The Nougat 7.1.1 firmware has come with several bug fixes and improvements. Android Nougat 7.1.1 has May 1, 2017, security patch with good performance and new features. This is the big improvements from Motorola manufactures that has released the official firmware for the 2-year-old device. The OTA has rolled out but at the same time don’t get everyone notification. Many users are got the OTA notification but some are pending to receiving the OTA message. So if you got the OTA notification then follow up on-screen instruction and update Moto X Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1. Others way you are the pending list and you can’t wait for official notification. Then follow below step by step guide and update Moto X Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1. With easy and simple method manually.
Below we share the official Android Nougat 7.1.1 firmware on Moto X Play smartphone via manual method. Firstly, applying the official firmware on your device check the update, simply go to setting> About Phone> System Update. If you didn’t find the update then follow below step by step guide and update Moto X Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1 via manual method. Before proceeding the process, read important info first and the get towards the main updating guide.
- The below guideline only for Moto X Play devices. Don’t follow the given tutorial for any other variants.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t miss any step, cause if you something messed up and the process goes wrong. Then we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Charge your Moto X Play at least 60% and then move up the process.
- Your smartphone must be run on stock firmware and stock recovery image file.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location, first of rooting steps.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download and install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC. USB Drivers
- And then download and setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Moto X Play.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 Factory Image file
How to Update Moto X Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1
Step 1: First setup the minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC. And then connect your device to the computer with proper USB data cable.
Step 3: After that, type the below command to see your device is detected.
Step 4: Once your device detected, then boot your Moto X Play into fastboot mode with typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Once your phone in fastboot mode, then enter the below commands one by one.
fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
Step 6: The above commands first flash the necessary image files on your device, then wipe your data and then reboot your phone.
Step 7: After updating the first boot take some time a bit longer so keep calm and wait for it. And once the first boot up, then you have successfully update Moto X Play to Android Nougat 7.1.1 firmware officially.
Done! You have got it the latest firmware on our device, keep in touch for latest updates and new info about techs. And don’t forget your feedback about this article.