Good news for Samsung Galaxy S5 users, now the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 OTA update is available. The OTA has arrived for Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P models. But the OTA is not rolled out for all regions if you got OTA notification then follow on-screen instruction and update your device to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Others way if you didn’t get yet OTA notification. Then follow step by step guide and update Sprint Galaxy S5 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.
Today we share Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update via Odin manually method. Follow the step by step guide and don’t miss any step during the process. Below article for Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P model variants. So don’t gain the updating process for any other devices. Cause it may brick or damage your smartphone and properly charge your device before the process. So get towards the next part of this article.
- The below guideline compatible only for Sprint Galaxy S5 S SM-G900P variants. So don’t follow the updating tutorial for any other devices.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t leave any step during the process. Otherwise, we will not responsible if something goes wrong.
- Backup your important data, and save on the safe location before starting the process.
- Charge your Galaxy S5 up to 60% and then proceed.
- Your device must be rooted and custom recovery will be installed. And after updating your device will be replaced to stock recovery.
- Factory resets the Galaxy S5 after the update is done, the factory reset will remove the old custom ROM. And allow to Android Marshmallow firmware to boot in normal mode.
- If you have running Stock firmware then you should straight forward to installation steps in the below. And install the firmware on your device without any doubt.
- Enable USB debugging simply go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Download the suitable Samsung USB drivers and install on your computer. USB Drivers
- Download the latest Odin file and unzip the tool. Odin
- Download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 G900P. Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
How to Update Sprint Galaxy S5 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Step 1: Download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900P) model. From the above links and extract the contents on your PC.
Step 2: Once you extract the content, then you should obtain the G900PVPS3CPK1 tar.md5 firmware file. And don’t extract the tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Now power OFF your device completely using the Power button.
Step 4: And boot your smartphone to Download Mode, simply press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button at the same time for a while. And release the button, when you see the warning message.
Step 5: Now launch the Odin on your computer.
Step 6: And then connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer using USB data cable.
Step 7: After that go the Odin main screen and click the AP button. Find the G900PVPS3CPK1 tar.md5 firmware file. And load it to Odin.
Step 8: And then press the Start button to flash the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 updating process.
Step 9: Wait for the installation process, and once the installation process was done. Then you can see the PASS alert on the Odin screen and your device will be Reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you have update Sprint Galaxy S5 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 successfully. Enjoy the new firmware and new features on your smartphone.
Leave the comments if you have any issue or want to ask the question. We will try to contact you ASA possible.