Moto X Play is the 2-year-old device, but it has all the capabilities and good results of using. It has come with Android Lollipop 5.1 firmware and other likeable running apps, that’s are impressed his users. But with a time releasing more latest apps and firmware with advanced features, that’s the other devices is getting up in the category list. But don’t worry, the third party developers have to get the solution for Moto X Play. So follow up below guideline and get unlock your smartphone bootloader. Unlocking bootloader is the first step to removing the stock firmware restriction. After that, the phone is able for installing Custom Recovery and then you have successfully rooted your device. So first get unlock the bootloader on Moto X Play and then get towards the next part of your device custom recovery installation.
To unlock the bootloader on Moto X Play is not the official changes on your device. After unlocking bootloader the warranty will be voided of Moto X Play smartphone. But you will get more useful effort after unlocking the bootloader on your device. And then you will able to install custom recovery on Moto X Play. After that apply the rooting process on your device. Then you will able to install the third party latest apps and latest Custom ROMs. That will increase your smartphone performance and customization, optimisation, and also increased the battery life your device. So first, proceed the important info and then get the main guide to unlock the bootloader on Moto X Play.
- Below guideline only for Moto X Play (XT1562), that’s are running official Android 6.0.1 firmware. Don’t try this guideline for any other variants and software version.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t mess up any step during the process. Cause if something goes wrong, then we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location, first of process.
- Enable developer option, go App Drawer > Setting > About Phone and click on the Build number several times, then you will notify by a message “you are developer”.
- Enable OEM Unlock, go to Menu > Settings > Developer options and enable Allow OEM Unlock.
- Enable USB debugging, go to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Charge your smartphone battery up to 70% before gaining the process.
- Download and install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC. USB Drivers
- And then download and setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
How to unlock the Bootloader On Moto X Play
Step 1: First, boot your phone to fast boot mode. Simply turn off your Moto X Play and then press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a while.
Step 2: And then connect your phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
Step 3: Now open a command window in the ADB and Fastboot installation folder. For to do, open to the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) and then type cmd in the address bar, and press the Enter key.
Step 4: And then check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number, If not return your device serial number. Then reinstall the driver and try again.
Step 5: Now enter the below command to get your device’s OEM unlock data. Which will be needed to get an unlock key from Motorola.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
Step 6: After that visit, the official Motorola bootloader unlock page, and sign-in in that page.
Step 7: Now copy the entire string without bootloader from your command window. And don’t take space in the string, it will be must in continues form.
Step 8: And then click on the button that’s will write “Can my device be unlocked”
Step 9: If your device is unlockable, a Request Unlock Key button will appear at the bottom of the page.
Step 10: Click on the button and the unlock key will be emailed to you on your email address.
Step 11: Now copy the unlock key from your email and enter the below command to unlock your device’s bootloader. Replace the UNLOCK_KEY with the unlock key you have received in the email from Motorola.
fastboot oem UNLOCK_KEY
Step 12: After all, you should see the unlocked message on your phone. And your device reboot automatically.
Good job! This is the complete guide to unlock the bootloader on Moto X Play. Follow and get in touch for more useful updates.