Latest Official Android Oreo 8.1 OTA Update has rolled out for Moto G5 smartphone. Now the users of Moto G5 can easily install the latest update on your device. The company has rolled out Oreo 8.1 via OTA but not all over regions alerted with the same time. Thus some receive and some are pending to receive the OTA notification. Android Oreo 8.1 along with latest features like floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, PIP mode, and others many new features. So if you are the users of Moto G5 and want to update the latest firmware. Then you are the right place, just follow full steps and update Moto G5 Android Oreo 8.1 via manual method.
Android Oreo 8.1 OTA update has advanced features with better performance and along with July 2018 Security Patch. Thanks to XDA Member infixremix who shared the TWRP backup file and Fedray who shared the OTA file. After installing OTA update, your device more secure with good result. The update has all stable improvements that are increased your smartphone performance. So follow below and get update Moto G5 Android Oreo 8.1 firmware. Firstly, read the initial steps and then get towards the main updating guide.
- The guideline only for Moto G5.Don’t follow the given tutorial for any other variants.
- Follow up step by step guide and don’t miss any step. Cause if you something messed up and the process goes wrong. Then we will not responsible proceed at their own risk.
- Charge your Moto G5 at least 60% and then move up the process.
- Your smartphone must be run on stock firmware and stock recovery image file.
- Backup your important data and save to safe location.
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Build number. And tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- After that go back to Settings >Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download and install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC. USB Drivers
- set up the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Android 8.1 Oreo TWRP Backup for Moto G5. Download Link
- Download Moto G5 Android 8.1 Oreo OTA (You need to be on stock NPPS25.137-93-2-5). Download Link
How to Update Moto G5 Android Oreo 8.1
1: First set up the minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC properly.
2: Now download the OTA zip from above link. And then copy the ROM file to a folder where adb installed.
3: After that Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
4: Now choose in the recovery menu Apply update from ADB.
5: And then connect your phone to Computer via suitable USB data cable.
6: Once your device connects your computer properly. Then press and hold the shift key and right click on the empty space. And click on open command here.
7: Now type the below command to see your device is detected.
- If your device not detected, then re-install USB drivers and USB data connection.
8: Now flash the Android Oreo 8.1 OTA update by typing the following command.
adb sideload File Name.zip
9: Wait for the flashing process, and once the process completes the remove USB data card and Reboot your device.
1: Download Android Oreo 8.1 OTA zip file for Moto G5 from the download section.
2: And then copy the downloaded file and paste on your device internal storage (SD Card).
3: Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. For to do so simply press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a while.
4: Once your device boot into Recovery mode then select option apply update from sd card.
5: Now select the OTA zip file that you downloaded in the download section above. And start the flashing process.
6: Wait for updating process, and once the process complete. Then Reboot your device
That’s it! Now you have successfully update Moto G5 Android Oreo 8.1 firmware. Don’t forget your feedback about the above article and keep in touch for more useful updates.